Bilingual outreach and communication manager (French & English)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 2 years extendable contract
Preferred start date: As soon as possible.
ACORD (Agency for Cooperation and Research in Development) is a Pan Africa organisation working for Social Justice and Development in Africa. ACORD has offices in Nairobi and London and operates in 17 African countries, delivering development programmes on livelihoods, peace building, gender and the Right to Health. ACORD is also implementing Pan-African programmes focused on agriculture, food sovereignty, women's rights and community social peace. We work in alliance with organisations worldwide to achieve our aims.
1. Strategy: Foster a robust
communication strategy for ACORD's impact and added value underpinning its
advocacy work and supporting fundraising.
2. Advocacy: Enhance the efficiency of ACORD's people-centred advocacy campaigns and help increase public awareness on the issues we are working on
3.Profiling and Branding: Build consistent and powerful branding at local, national, regional, Pan African and international levels and increase ACORD brand awareness
4. Media: Get our messages across on media such as newspapers, magazines, radio or television and new social media
5. Supporting Fundraising
6. Team management, coordination and capacity building of ACORD staff across the organisation in communication skills and practices
See detailed job description here.
· Masters degree in Communications,
Journalism, International Relations, Management, or similar field.
· At least 5 years' relevant experience in communications (preferably in the non-profit sector)
· Bilingual in English and French. Knowledge of Portuguese would be an advantage.
· Fully conversant with ICT and office applications; and experience of web content management systems, ideally Treeline (or Drupal/Joomla)
REMUNERATION: A competitive international package
To apply, please complete an application form in either English or French version and e-mail it with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to email@example.com with the Job title in the Subject Box.
Closing Date: open until it is filled