Bilingual funding officer (French & English)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Duration: 2 years extendable contract
Note: Only candidates with a right to live and work in the UK will be considered.
ACORD (Agency for Cooperation and Research in Development) is a Pan Africa organisation working for Social Justice and Development in Africa. ACORD has offices in Nairobi and London and operates in 17 African countries, delivering development programmes on livelihoods, peace building, gender and the Right to Health. ACORD is also implementing Pan-African programmes focused on agriculture, food sovereignty, women's rights and community social peace. We work in alliance with organisations worldwide to achieve our aims.
The position has a
special emphasis on supporting ACORD country offices in Africa with:
1. the conduct of accurate research and outreach to identify possible funding opportunities
2. drafting funding proposals
3. grant management
4. increasing the visibility of ACORD's work
See detailed job description here.
Graduate level degree in a relevant field of
study or equivalent work experience
· A minimum of 2 years fundraising experience in institutional or large trust and foundation funding
· Excellent written and oral communications skills in French and English
Relevant Knowledge and Skills
Experience of writing high quality
fundraising applications, donor reports and case study materials
· Excellent collaboration, team work, partnership building, funding and negotiation skills
· Creativity, innovation and ability to take initiative and conceptualize and present ideas in a clear and convincing manner
· Ability to work well in a multicultural environment across different geographical locations
· Attention to detail and good analytical and strategic skills
· Fully conversant with ICT and office applications
· Experience with USAID and North American foundations would be an advantage
SALARY RANGE: GBP26,542-30,302 per annum depending on experience
To apply, please complete an application form available in either English or French version and e-mail it with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to email@example.com with the Job title in the Subject Box.
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE UK WOULD BE CONSIDERED.
Closing Date: 4th January 2015
Written tests expected to take place the week of 5th January and interviews expected to take place the week commencing 12th January 2015.